Silas Carter has an extensive career in building and leading global procurement management programs, strategic sourcing, contract negotiations, supplier diversity initiatives, cross-functional management, and consulting.
- An experienced expert at establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders to understand their needs and build cooperation and compliance.
- Recognized leader for designing and building strategic supplier diversity processes, and contributing to an organization’s brand and culture.
- Proficient at leading a strategic function in an organization that needs to build, overhaul and streamline its procurement/sourcing program to generate cost savings.
- Industry experiences include: aerospace/aircraft; computers and office equipment manufacturing; publishing and media; chemicals; consulting (federal and commerical); professional services (Big 4); and banking.
- Lead and managed operating budgets for seven cross-functional departments.
- Generated cost savings by restructuring the company-wide travel policies and procedures.
- Directed the negotiation and management of corporate agreements in excess of $65 million.
- Directed and responsible for developing and executing process-driven “best in class” supplier diversity programs for global organizations.
- Conducted leadership interviews during a research assessment on purchasing practices and procedures of a large federal agency.
- Enhanced the reporting metrics, which included an increase in diversity spend from $52 million to exceed $130 million in 5 years; supplier database exceeded 1700 qualified companies.
- Co-founded the Professional Services Industry Group–an industry “think tank”
- Enhanced companies brands throughout the small, women-owned, and minority-owned business market sectors. Diversity and Inclusion Council member.
- Co-produced and conducted presentations to corporate supplier diversity leaders at corporate, civic, governmental, and academic events/venues throughout the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Conducted presentations to the corporate board of directors and corporate D&I board members.
- MBN USA announces its Top 75 Leading Men in Corporate Supplier Diversity – 2013
The Future Procurement Group LLC
Measuring Corporate Commitment Through Executive Leadership Silas Carter 203-913-9598